16 Select Bus Service routes have been implemented throughout New York City, incorporating various elements of bus rapid transit to serve the different types of bus routes and streets.
- 34th Street Select Bus Service seeks to improve transit service, pedestrian safety and mobility and curb access on one of Manhattan’s most celebrated streets. Off-board fare payment along the route began in November 2011 while capital improvements began in 2014.
- Fordham Road-Pelham Parkway Select Bus Service began service in June 2008 in the Bronx and has since increased speeds by 20%, with 98% of riders stating that they were satisfied or very satisfied with the new service.
- First Avenue/Second Avenue Select Bus Service includes offset and curbside bus lanes, paired with pedestrian and bicycling improvements. This service launched in October 2010 and has resulted in increased ridership on the M15 by 9% and improved speed by 15 to 18%.
- Hylan Boulevard Select Bus Service launched in September 2012 and includes streamlined bus service, four miles of bus lanes, left-turn lanes, pedestrian refuge islands and new bus shelters, among other improvements.
- 125th-LaGuardia Airport Select Bus Service was an upgrade to the former M60 route to LaGuardia Airport via 125th Street and Astoria Boulevard. The route includes dedicated bus lanes, transit signal priority, off-board fare payment, limited stops, and low-floor, three-door articulated buses. M60 Select Bus Service connects to twelve subway lines (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, A, B, C, D, N, and W) and the Metro-North Railroad. Service launched on Memorial Day, May 25, 2014.
- Nostrand Avenue-Rogers Avenue Select Bus Service is a 9.3 mile route along a key north-south corridor in Brooklyn, connecting densely-populated residential areas with multiple subway lines, bus routes, shopping areas, two colleges, and two major hospitals. Service on the route began on November 17, 2013.
- Webster Avenue Select Bus Service began service on June 30, 2013 on the Bx41 bus route in the Bronx, benefiting the 22,000 Bx41 passengers daily. Capital work on the route will include bus bulbs, landscaped medians, and pedestrian improvements. Work will begin in late-2014/early-2015.
- 86th Street Select Bus Service began service on July 13, 2015 on the M86 crosstown bus route in Manhattan, benefiting the 24,000 M86 passengers daily. Capital work on the route will include bus bulbs and currently features neighborhood maps, MTA Bus Time displays and off-board fare payment to speed up bus rides on Manhattan’s busiest bus route per mile.
- The Bronx-Flushing-Jamaica Select Bus Service began service on November 29, 2015 on the Q44 bus route in the Bronx and Queens. This service will benefit the 42,000 daily riders of the Q44 corridor. Capital work on the route will include bus bulbs and pedestrian medians in 2018.
- Utica Avenue Select Bus Service began service on July 3, 2016 on the B46 bus route in in Brooklyn. This service benefits the 44,000 daily riders of the B46 corridor: the busiest bus route in Brooklyn.
- Woodside-Jackson Heights Airport Connector began service on September 25, 2016 on the Q70 bus route. This service is 40% faster than the bus routes that once connected Jackson Heights to LaGuardia Airport, saving riders about 10 minutes of travel time.
- 23rd Street Select Bus Service began service on November 6, 2016 on the M23 bus route in Manhattan, benefitting 15,000 daily riders. This important crosstown route connects to multiple subway and bus routes and neighborhood centers.
- 79th Street Select Bus Service began service on May 21, 2017 on the M79, serving 14,500 daily riders. This route connects residents, visitors, and students to the Upper Westside and Upper Eastside, and 16 other bus routes and 4 subway lines.
- South Bronx Select Bus Service began service on September 3, 2017 on the Bx6 bus route in the South Bronx and Upper Manhattan, benefitting the nearly 25,000 daily riders, offering faster service to major jobs centers, the 1, 2, 4, 5, 6, B, D, and C subway lines, two Metro-North lines, and 20 other bus routes.
- Woodhaven and Cross Bay Boulevard Select Bus Service began service on November 12, 2017 better connecting Queens with improved bus service for over 30,000 daily passengers and offering more reliable, faster bus service to major jobs centers, and connections to the 7, A, E, F, M, J, Z, R, and S trains, the LIRR, and 20 other bus routes.
- Southern Brooklyn Select Bus Service began service on October 1, 2018 on the B82 route in southern Brooklyn, benefiting 28,000 daily passengers with faster service to major job and neighborhood centers, the D, N, F, Q, B and L trains, B44 Nostrand Ave SBS, B46 Utica Ave SBS, and 19 other bus routes.
- 14th Street Select Bus Service with Transit & Truck Priority Pilot Project Coinciding with the launch of Select Bus Service for the M14A and M14D buses and Manhattan in Summer 2019, NYCDOT will pilot a Transit & Truck Priority design on 14th Street between 3rd Avenue and 9th Avenue, and will also install standard bus lanes between 1st Avenue and 3rd Avenue. This project will improve bus service for more than 27,000 daily riders and will improve pedestrian safety.