Register to be an emergency snow laborer and help to remove snow and ice from bus stops, step streets, and other locations throughout the city this winter.
Snow laborers will be paid $15 per hour, and $22.50 per hour after 40 hours are worked in a week.
Interested? Schedule an appointment online to register as a snow laborer. Please select one of the NYC DOT locations to register with us:
- Bronx Yard: 258th Street & Mosholu Ave Bronx, NY
- Flatbush Yard: 2900 Flatbush Ave, Brooklyn NY 11234
- Long Island City: 5-40 44th Drive, Queens, NY
- Kew Loop Yard: 78-88 Park Drive East, Flushing NY 11367
- Harper Street Yard: 32-11 Harper St, Queens NY 11368
Applicants must be at least 18 years of age, be eligible to work in the United States, and capable of performing heavy physical labor.
All applicants must bring the following to their appointment:
- Two small photos (1 by 1/2 inches square)
- Two original ID’s and copies
- Social Security card
Due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, all applicants must make an appointment and follow health and safety protocols, including wearing a mask or face covering while at the registration appointment and having their temperature taken. Applicants should not attend the appointment if they have any COVID-19 symptoms, if they recently traveled to a state with high rates of COVID-19 transmission, or if they recently had close contact with someone who has tested positive for COVID-19.