Register to be an emergency snow laborer and help to remove snow and ice from bus stops, step streets, and other locations throughout the city this winter.
Snow laborers will be paid $15 per hour, and $22.50 per hour after the first 40 hours worked in a week.
Interested? Schedule an appointment online to register as a snow laborer. Please select one of the NYC DOT locations to register with us:
- Bronx Yard: 258th Street & Mosholu Avenue, Bronx
- Flatbush Yard: 2900 Flatbush Avenue, Brooklyn
- Long Island City: 5-40 44th Drive, Queens
- Kew Loop Yard: 78-88 Park Drive East, Flushing, Queens
- Harper Street Yard: 32-11 Harper Street, Queens
Applicants must be at least 18 years of age, be eligible to work in the United States, and capable of performing heavy physical labor.
All applicants must bring the following to their appointment:
- Two small photos (1 by 1/2 inch square)
- Two original IDs with copies
- A Social Security card
- Proof of having received at least one dose of an approved COVID-19 vaccine
Applicants must wear a mask to their appointment, and when reporting to work. Please do not report to the appointment if you are experiencing COVID symptoms.