How do I get a copy of a police report?

You can request a copy of a police report by sending a completed Verification of Crime/Lost Property form and a self-addressed, stamped envelope to:

New York City Police Department
Criminal Records Section (Verification Unit)
1 Police Plaza, Room 303
New York, NY 10038

The report is free if you are the victim of the crime. If you are not the victim, you must include a check or money order for $15.00 payable to Police Department City of New York.