How do I request a parking sign change?

You can request new street or highway signs, such as stop signs, regulatory signs, speed limit signs, and safety signs. You can make the request online by contacting the Department of Transportation Commissioner.

You can also submit a request by mail. Mailed requests should include copies of any signed petitions, community board resolutions, or letters from local elected officials supporting the change. Mail your requests to:

Commissioner, Department of Transportation
55 Water Street, 9th Floor
New York, NY 10041