Asbestos Notification and Certification

You must file a notification with the Department of Environmental Protection if you are planning alteration, renovation, demolition, or other construction that might disturb materials containing asbestos.

You must be certified by the City for handling or investigating asbestos, and for legally removing or disturbing material containing asbestos.