Noise from Dog

You can report noise from a barking dog.

The Department of Environmental Protection (DEP) may send a letter to the dog's owner within 7 days of getting your complaint. The letter will explain how to curb the dog's barking. For the DEP to respond to your complaint, you must provide the address where the dog is barking and your contact information. Your information will not be shared with the dog's owner.

If a letter is sent to the dog owner, then the DEP will send you a letter with instructions about how to follow up if the dog continues to be noisy.

If the DEP has already sent letters to the dog owner, they may do a noise inspection.

If you think the barking is a sign that the dog is being abused or mistreated, you should make an animal abuse complaint instead of a noise complaint.