Recreational Camps

You can get information about camps permitted by the Department of Health and Mental Hygiene (DOHMH), camps run by the Department of Parks and Recreation (DPR), and camps for children from families receiving public assistance from the Human Resources Administration (HRA) or services from the Administration for Children's Services (ACS).

All camps with 10 or more children are required to have a permit from DOHMH. These camps serve children 16 and younger. Some are free and some require a fee.

DPR runs 19 summer camp programs citywide from July to August for children ages 6 to 13. The age range varies at each site. Programs include arts, crafts, sports, computers, field trips, and more.

HRA Job Centers offer summer camp referrals to public assistance recipients. ACS provides summer camp information to families who receive their services, including children who require transfer vouchers.

The City inspects licensed camps regularly and responds to complaints about summer day camps, overnight camps, traveling camps, and camps for the developmentally disabled.