Certificate of Occupancy Complaint

You can report a building with no Certificate of Occupancy or an illegal one. You can also report an illegal change in the use of the Certificate of Occupancy, such as an overcrowded apartment or commercial building units being used as residential apartments.

A Certificate of Occupancy documents the legal use or occupancy of a building. Every building built after 1938 requires a Certificate of Occupancy.