Child Abuse

You can report suspected child abuse, neglect, or maltreatment involving children under the age of 18 living in New York State or those in the care and custody of the Administration for Children's Services. The New York State Central Register will direct your report to the appropriate local child protective agency for investigation. For families in New York City, Administration for Children's Services (ACS) will be the agency looking into the case.