General Contractor Registration

All general contractors seeking permits to build one-, two-, or three-family homes must be registered with the Department of Buildings (DOB). DOB will only give registered general contractors building permits for these projects.

Unregistered individuals or entities found building one-, two-, or three-family homes may face violations, stop work orders, criminal charges, and the seizure of vehicles and construction tools.