Higher Education Complaint

City Complaints

The City accepts complaints about the following colleges in New York City:

  • TCI
  • NYCI
  • Mandl School
  • Berkeley College

The City is investigating these schools' practices. You can help the investigation by submitting a complaint form with supporting documentation to the Department of Consumer Affairs. You may be contacted by the City for more information.

If you provide an email address with your Service Request, you will receive a notification by email. Be sure to check your spam folder in addition to your inbox.

Your complaint will also be forwarded to the New York State Education Department's Office of College and University Evaluation (OCUE).


State Complaints

The New York State Department of Education also accepts complaints about higher education institutions located outside of New York City, these include:

  • colleges
  • universities
  • vocational schools
  • training centers
  • English as a Second Language (ESL) schools 

Only complaints for schools located in New York State will be accepted.

For information about the State's complaint process, you can call (518) 474-1551 or email ocueinfo@nysed.gov