Doctor Medical Records

You can request a copy of a medical record from a physician by calling or writing to the physician holding the record. If the physician does not respond to this request within a timely manner, you can file a complaint with the New York State Department's Office of Professional Medical Conduct.

If you need help getting records from a physician that has gone out of business, you can call (800) 804-5447.