You can report that garbage, recycling, organics, or bulk items were not picked up on your service day. The Department of Sanitation will respond in 1 to 2 business days.
To make a complaint, items must:
- Be from a residential building or a non-profit organization that receives collection services from the Department of Sanitation
- Be placed out between 4 PM and midnight the day before the scheduled day
- Be placed out properly, following disposal rules
- Remain curbside
You cannot make a missed collection complaint if your scheduled service day was suspended due to a City holiday or emergency.
Learn when collections are suspended due to a holiday.
Garbage, Recycling, and Organics Complaints
To report missed garbage, recycling, and organics collection, you can make a complaint starting at 8 AM the day after your service day.
Report missed garbage, recycling, or organics collection.
Bulk Item Complaints
- If the item is 4 feet by 3 feet and larger and is not recyclable, you can make a complaint starting at 8 AM the day after your scheduled appointment. You should make an appointment to have such items removed.
- For smaller bulk garbage items and recyclable bulk items, you can make a complaint starting at 8 AM the day after your service day.
Call 311 to report missed collection of large non-recyclable bulk items.