NYCHA Domestic Violence or Assault Transfer Program

The New York City Housing Authority (NYCHA) Emergency Transfer Program allows tenants and their authorized family members to apply confidentially for transfers to developments located in another area of the city. Tenants and family members must be able to support the claim that they are the victim of domestic violence or sexual assault, or the scared witness of violence or assault.

If you qualify and want to apply for an emergency transfer, you must complete a transfer request form and return it to the Management Office at their development. Transfer request forms are available at NYCHA Management Offices.