Sales Tax Complaint

The City accepts reports about merchants charging the wrong amount of sales tax.

You can request a sales tax refund from New York State by filling out Form AU-11, Application for Credit or Refund of Sales or Use Tax, and sending it to the address indicated on the form. Include a copy of the sales receipt showing sales tax paid.