Vehicle Registration and License Plates

You can get information about registering to receive license plates for all types of vehicles. You can also get information about replacing, transferring, or surrendering license plates.

If you need to replace a photo document or license plate lost in a crime, you can go in person to a police precinct and have form MV-78B filled out by the police. If no crime was involved, you can complete form MV-44. To replace vanity plates, call the DMV Custom Plates Unit.