Waterway Complaint

You can report a problem with a waterway. City waterways include any large body of water that surrounds the five boroughs, such as Jamaica Bay, the Hudson River, the East River, and the Staten Island Basin.

To report floating debris that may create navigational hazards for boats and other watercraft, contact the United States Coast Guard Vessel Traffic Service at (718) 354-4353.

To report oil or other chemical pollutant in a New York City waterway, contact the National Response Center (NRC) at (800) 424-8802.