City Worker or Retiree Benefits

If you are a City employee or retiree, you can get information about health, retirement, and other human resources benefits, including:

  • Payroll
  • Health plan benefits
  • Retirement and pension benefits
  • 457 and 401(k) savings plans
  • Counseling and referrals

New York City Employee Retirement Services (NYCERS) manages retirement and pension benefits for the retirees for many City agencies, and State agencies that were formerly City agencies. You can get information about benefits available to NYCERS members, retirees, and beneficiaries.

If you are a non-unionized City worker or retiree, you can get information about employee and health benefits from the Management Benefits Fund.

The Department of Education provides information for employees or prospective employees who have questions about payroll, health benefits, certification, or other human resources issues.

If you are a City employee, you and your eligible dependents can receive information, counseling, and individualized referrals to help you with personal and social problems through the City's Employee Assistance Programs (EAP). These problems can include stress, alcohol and drug abuse, mental health, and family difficulties.