You can report traffic signal (vehicle stoplight) conditions, such as:
- Lights changing out-of-sequence
- Lights burned out or not changing (steady red or green light)
- Structural conditions, such as a hanging signal, or a pole that is leaning or has been knocked down
Every problem or request is assigned a priority ranking, and the Department of Transportation will respond according to that ranking:
- High priorities are addressed within hours.
- General maintenance issues may take up to 30 days.
- Long-term construction issues will vary depending upon the nature of the project.
- Signals with a power supply problem will be issued a Stop Tag and referred to Con Edison.
You can request the installation of new traffic signals or request a review of the timing of a traffic signal. These reviews can take up to 12 weeks and you will receive a response after completion.