Property Tax Abatements

There are several types of property tax abatements, including the Cooperative and Condominium Abatement. A member of the board of directors, a managing agent, or another official representative of a cooperative or condominium building applies for this abatement. Owners must have purchased the apartment on or before January 5th to be credited with the abatement starting the following July.