Billboard, Building Sign or Awning Permit Information

You need a permit for billboards, building signs, and awnings.

To apply for a Billboard, Building Sign, or Awning Permit, you can download the PW1 Plan or Work Approval Application form online or pick up a copy at a Department of Buildings (DOB) Borough Office.

Illuminated signs, billboards, and marquees require an additional permit that must be renewed annually.