Fast food workers and employers in NYC can contact the Department of Consumer Affairs (DCA) about:
• Fast food workers’ legal rights to make contributions to nonprofits through employer
• Fast food employers’ legal responsibilities to honor employee requests to deduct voluntary payments from paychecks to send to selected nonprofits that have a registration letter from DCA
• Complaints about employers, including failing to deduct voluntary payments from workers' paychecks to send to selected nonprofits
• Information about the Fast Food Deductions Law
DCA can answer questions during regular business hours.
You can also submit questions:
• By email to FWW@dca.nyc.gov
• Online using Live Chat at nyc.gov/BusinessToolbox. Live Chat is available for employer inquiries only. When you open the webpage, click the ""Live Chat"" button. Then, click the button in the middle of the screen that says "Live Chat with a DCA Representative" to open a chat window.
For more information, go to nyc.gov/dca.