Administration for Children's Services Case Status or Complaint

Through the Administration for Children's Services' (ACS) Office of Advocacy, the City provides information about child welfare procedures, visitation, custody issues, non-payment of foster care payments, and other information about the work of ACS or its contracted agencies. Clients can make an inquiry with the ACS Office of Advocacy to have a complaint addressed.

Parents and grandparents can get information about an active child welfare case. When children are removed from their home because of an ACS investigation, parents can get details about the case.

Staff at City agencies, foster care agencies, preventive service providers, and schools who are concerned about the progress of a child protective investigation that they reported to the State Central Register can also get information about an active ACS case.