Apprentice NYC: Computer Numerically Controlled (CNC) Machine Operators is a competitive 18-month program that provides wage support to help businesses train entry-level CNC machine operators.
Individuals with minimal to no experience in CNC operations will be selected by employers through a rigorous series of assessments (including aptitude assessments and interviews) to follow an accelerated training model. The NYC Department of Small Business Services (SBS) manages the assessment process and will cover a portion of the apprentice’s wages during the 18-month program period. The program has five components, which include employment, technical-hands on instruction, on-the-job training, wage increases, and ultimately a new job title.
This program is a fit for your company if you are:
- Having trouble finding qualified CNC machine operators
- Ready to hire now and committed to train and mentor your apprentice over 18 months
- Willing to increase your apprentice’s wages over the 18-month period based on their increasing expertise and skill development.
How to Apply
You can apply for the program by following the steps below:
Contact Us For More Information Apprentice NYC
- Submit an application. This should take you about three minutes.
- Once you have submitted an application, an SBS staff member will follow up with you to clarify any responses. If you are eligible for the program, the staff member will pass along information to attend the mandatory employer orientation.
is a mayoral initiative announced in June 2017
as part of the Mayor’s commitment to good jobs. Set to launch with an initial investment in developing a pipeline of Computer Numerically Controlled (CNC) machine operators, it will expand over the next few years to other in-demand industrial, medical and tech occupations.