Compete for Larger City Construction Projects
In this NYC Department of Small Business Services (SBS) 12-session, bi-weekly, intensive program, NYC M/WBE Certified and small construction firms receive education, training, and one-on-one financial management guidance to help obtain surety bonds and increase surety bond capacity on City construction projects.
- Bonded firms are more likely to obtain larger contracts.
- Learn how to establish business and financial credibility
- Connect to and access guidance from a network of surety companies
- Education and training about the surety bonding process and what it takes to get bonding
- One-on-one financial management guidance to help your firm qualify for bonding or increased bonding
This program may be right for you, if:
- You are the owner of an NYC-certified M/WBE or small construction business located in the NYC area
- You have been in operation for at least two years
- Your most recent annual gross revenues are at least $200,000
The 2020-21 Bond Readiness program cohort will start on Tuesday, October 20, 2020. Deadline to apply is October 2. Apply for the Bond Readiness Program
Not yet M/WBE Certified? Get certified today
Our free bonding services help construction and trade firms organize your bookkeeping/accounting through QuickBooks™ clinics and provide assistance with bond applications through 1-on-1 bonding technical assistance sessions.
QuickBooks™ for Contractors Clinics
Register to attend* one of our free clinics (webinar series) where construction CPAs will work with you to set up and optimize the QuickBooks™ Premier for Contractors edition accounting system, so you can manage your job costs effectively and provide the financial reports required by surety companies and lenders.
*All Bonding Services are currently being offered via virtual delivery.
One-on-One Bonding Technical Assistance Sessions
Need help preparing to apply or applying for a bond/increasing your current bonding capacity? Request a one-on-one session (virtual meeting) with a surety agent or specialist who will guide you through completing the process.
Request a One-on-One Bonding Assistance Session