Compete for Larger City Construction Projects
In this NYC Department of Small Business Services (SBS) 12-session, bi-weekly, intensive program (currently being offered virtually), NYC M/WBE Certified and small construction firms receive education, training, and one-on-one financial management guidance to help obtain surety bonds and increase surety bond capacity for City construction projects.
- Bonded firms are more likely to obtain larger contracts.
- Learn how to establish business and financial credibility
- Connect to and access guidance from a network of surety companies
- Education and training about the surety bonding process and what it takes to get bonding
- One-on-one financial management guidance to help your firm qualify for bonding or increased bonding
This program may be right for you, if:
- You are the owner of an NYC-certified M/WBE or small construction business located in the NYC area
- You have been in operation for at least two years
- Your most recent annual gross revenues are at least $150,000
The 2021-22 Bond Readiness program cohort will start on Tuesday, October 19, 2021, and the deadline to apply is Friday, October 8, 2021. Apply for the Bond Readiness Program
Not yet M/WBE Certified? Get certified today
*Currently being offered virtually in accordance with COVID-19 safety protocols.
Our free bonding services help construction and trade firms organize your bookkeeping/accounting through QuickBooks™ clinics, learn information relevant to the construction industry and bonding through webinars, and provide assistance with bond applications through 1-on-1 bonding technical assistance sessions.
QuickBooks™ for Construction Clinics
Register to attend one of our free clinics where construction CPAs will work with you to set up and optimize the QuickBooks™ Premier Edition for Contractors accounting system, so you can manage your job costs effectively and provide the financial reports required by surety companies and lenders.
Lunch and Learn Webinar Series
These one-hour webinars are designed to provide construction and trade companies with supplemental information to help you grow your business. They cover topics related to bonding and capacity building, such as Strategies for Increasing Your Bonding Capacity, Back Office Management Strategies to Grow Your Construction Business, Construction Insurance Tactics, and much more.
*All Bonding Services are currently being offered via virtual delivery.
One-on-One Bonding Technical Assistance Sessions
Need help preparing to apply or applying for a bond/increasing your current bonding capacity? Request a one-on-one session (virtual meeting) with a surety agent or specialist who will guide you through completing the process.
Request a One-on-One Bonding Assistance Session