The NYC Department of Small Business Services (SBS) offers free business courses to guide NYC entrepreneurs through each step to start, operate, and grow a business.
Live, Online Business Courses
Click here to view our upcoming live, online courses, available through registration on Eventbrite.
Courses are available on every core topic in entrepreneurship, including business planning, financing, and marketing, and in many languages, including Spanish, Chinese, and Russian. [Learn more about our services for immigrant entrepreneurs.]
College-Level Business Courses on Coursera
The NYC Department of Small Business Services (SBS) has partnered with Coursera to offer free online business courses developed by the world's best universities.
If you're an aspiring or current business owner in NYC, you can learn how to plan, finance, market, and manage your business anytime, anywhere.
Complete this 5-minute application to get started.
We have 5 course programs available:
- Launch Your Online Business helps aspiring and existing business owners create an online presence, including set-up of their own website, e-commerce accounts, and a digital marketing strategy.
- Building Your Own Business helps aspiring entrepreneurs turn their idea into a viable business.
- Operating and Financing Your Business helps business owners to plan their operations, manage their finances, and access financing.
- Mastering Marketing & Sales helps business owners to master sales and marketing strategies, and tactics.
- Achieving Your Growth Potential helps business owners identify growth opportunities, create a growth plan, and communicate the plan to their stakeholders.
- Live or operate a business in New York City.
- Can devote at least two hours a week for at least four weeks to complete a course.
- Have an internet-connected device to use to complete the course.
How to Apply:
- Complete this 5-minute application, selecting your preferred course program.
- Wait for an email that will invite you to your program.
- Accept the email invitation and create an account on Coursera (if you do not have one already).
- Open the program that appears in your account and enroll in a course of your choosing.