The Construction Site Safety Reimbursement Program helps small construction companies offset the cost of required safety training.
How it Works
You pick the training provider from an approved list and the NYC Department of Small Business Services (SBS) will cover a percentage of the cost, if your business is eligible.
- A business can only receive one reimbursement and cannot reapply once reimbursement has been received.
- SBS will only cover the direct cost of training.
- Training types include OSHA 10, OSHA 30, and any Site Safety Training.
- Meals, travel, and other miscellaneous costs are not eligible for reimbursement.
- Business are required to pay employees wages throughout the duration of training.
Who can Apply?
Small construction firms located in New York City with 1-15 employees, and certified M/WBEs in the construction industry with 1-15 employees.
How to Apply
You can apply for the program by following the steps below:
- Send your employees to an authorized training provider.
- Review our program guidelines and determine if your business is eligible.
- Gather the appropriate documents and visit our website to begin your application.
SBS staff can answer any additional questions you have. Contact us for more information.
Where to Find an Authorized Training Provider
Reimbursement and Supporting Documents
- All businesses will be required to submit information that demonstrates their eligibility and completion of training for a minimum reimbursement of 65%.
- If a business wishes to seek a higher reimbursement, they may choose to submit additional documentation to receive up to 100%.