The NYC Department of Small Business Services (SBS) has a no-cost, five-session workshop designed to help crafters learn how to sell their products and earn more money.
Interactive class sessions will teach you how to start an online business on Etsy, a leader in e-commerce for creative entrepreneurs. Participants will learn:
Who can apply?
- Branding and marketing
- Product photography
- Day-to-day business strategy such as developing operational, marketing and financial plans
- How to plan for growth
You must meet the following criteria:
Where are classes located and when do they start?
- At least one handmade craft item ready to sell
- Commit to attending four weeknight classes and one Saturday class (about 12 hours total)
- Reside in New York City
- Never made any sales on Etsy.com
- Credit card and checking account (necessary for sales transactions)
- Have regular access to a computer with an internet connection
Applications are accepted on a rolling basis. Given the volume of applications and limited number of seats, applicants are encouraged to apply early. This is a competitive program, so please be sure to submit a thoughtful and complete application.
There are currently no classes available. Please check back for more information on future scheduled classes. Contact Us For More Information