NYC Business Quick Start is an interagency effort led by the Department of Small Business Services (SBS) to cut red tape and position NYC as the most business-friendly large city in which to open or reopen a business.
Key features include:
- a concierge service where businesses have a sole point of contact to help navigate City regulations
- a public dashboard
- guaranteed 48-hour response to all small business inquiries
- cutting processing time by 50 percent
NYC Business Quick Start is a collaboration between several key agencies including SBS, Department of Buildings (DOB), Department of Environmental Protection (DEP), Department of Health and Mental Hygiene (DOHMH), and the New York City Fire Department (FDNY).
Small Business Advocates
The NYC Department of Small Business Services (SBS)’s Small Business Advocates make it easier for you to start, operate, and grow your storefront business in New York City without delay.
They will help you:
- Understand key City rules and requirements to avoid fines and violations
- Connect to government agencies to get the permits and licenses you need for your business
- Learn how to resolve any violations your business has received
Here are some examples of the types of storefront businesses we help:
|Restaurants, bars, cafes, pizza and ice cream shops, supermarkets, bodegas, deli, grocery stores, fish and meat markets
||Apparel, hardware, pharmacy, flower shop, bookstore, laundromat and dry cleaners, salons and personal care, shoe repair
Small Business Advocates help you cut through the red tape by working together with our colleagues at City and State regulatory agencies, and utilities including:
Connect with a Small Business Advocate *Services are available in multiple languages
- Fire Department of the City of New York (FDNY)
- NYC Department of Buildings (DOB)
- NYC Department of Consumer & Worker Protection (DCWP)
- NYC Department of Environmental Protection (DEP)
- NYC Department of Health & Mental Hygiene (DOHMH)
- NYC Department of Sanitation (DSNY)
- NYS Department of Agriculture & Markets
- NYS Department of Financial Services
- NYS Liquor Authority
- Con Edison
Our team will come to your business or meet with you virtually and provide a customized checklist to help you:
We will also provide business-related information from multiple agencies including the:
We will not issue violations or fines - we are here to help you understand the rules.
The consultation will not discuss all rules and regulations and will not exempt your business from the inspection and enforcement processes of City, State, or Federal agencies. If you have already received a violation, our staff can help you understand what it means and how to resolve it. Request a Compliance Consultation