The NYC Department of Small Business Services (SBS)’s Training for Your Employees program provides no-cost, online training to help NYC-based business owners and employees. Training is provided for essential technology tools and COVID-19 safety, including:
- Computer applications (e.g. computer basics; Zoom*^; Microsoft Office 365 - Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Access; Google Workspace*^ - Gmail, Sheets, Docs, Drive, Hangouts; QuickBooks)
- Online marketing and creating a website
- Online sales and e-commerce
- Health and hygiene in a pandemic*
- COVID-19 safety for food and beverage businesses*
- COVID-19 safety for retail*
All trainings are taught online with a live instructor on specific dates/times.
*Courses are also available in Spanish.
^Courses are also available in Chinese (Mandarin).
How It Works
A business must:
- have at least one employee, working a minimum of eight hours per week
- be in operation for at least six months; and
- pay employee(s) during training
The employee must:
- be 18 years or older;
- work a minimum of eight hours per week; and
- have worked at the business for at least one month
An email account and a computer, tablet, or mobile device with a camera, microphone, speaker, and internet access.
Program Overview - What to Expect
STEP 2: Screening call.
STEP 3: Meet the training provider & create training plan.
STEP 4: Attend training.
STEP 5: Incorporate the new skills into your business.
How To Apply
This application should take you about 10 minutes to complete.
Please note that space is limited. Once courses are at capacity businesses will be added to a waitlist. SBS reserves the right to determine the final number of employees being trained per business and the number of courses each trainee can participate in.