Are you currently experiencing an emergency? Call 911 if you are in immediate danger or have a serious injury or medical condition.
The NYC Department of Small Business Services (SBS) can support your business before, during, and after an emergency or other disruptions to your operations:
- Emergency Preparedness – Take action to prepare your business for emergencies
- Emergency Response – Get immediate help during a real time emergency
- Emergency Recovery – Get your business up and running again after an emergency
Attend a Workshop or Webinar
From gas leaks and fires, to major storms and cyber threats, NYC business owners face a variety of unexpected emergencies. SBS offers free emergency preparedness workshops and webinars for businesses across New York City.
You will learn how to:
SBS Emergency Planning Worksheets
(PDF) Hoja de cálculo para planificación de emergencia de SBS (PDF)
Risk Assessment and Grant Program
(Applications Closed on June 30)
Your business may be eligible for an on-site, one-on-one risk assessment
. A team of emergency planning and insurance experts will come to your business and review your physical space, operations, and insurance coverage. The team will make recommendations to help you reduce your risk in the event of a disaster or disruption. Businesses that receive an assessment can receive a grant of up to $3,000
to buy items recommended during the assessment, such as moveable flood barriers, flood pumps and portable generators.To qualify, your business:
Hear more from businesses that have taken advantage of the program.
SBS provides immediate assistance to businesses during a real-time emergency. Contact us at (212) 618-8810.We can:
- Provide you with the latest emergency information on street closures, utilities disruptions, security and demolitions.
- Assist with retrieval of valuable items and documents from your business location (if safe to do so.)
- Coordinate with the NYC Police Department and other emergency responders to make sure your business location is secure and prevent losses.
- Connect you to local business organizations for possible relocation assistance.
SBS helps businesses after an emergency.We can:
Contact us for more information
- Connect you with community organizations that may help you identify the necessary steps to rebuild and recover.
- Connect you to recovery information and resources including business relocation assistance, help with insurance questions, free legal advice and financing assistance.
- Help with government regulations and permitting questions with City agencies such as the NYC Department of Buildings, NYC Department of Health, NYC Department of Consumer Affairs, and many others.