NYC Small Business Services Procurement Technical Assistance Center (PTAC) offers a range of one-on-one assistance and training to help you with government contracting with NYC, NYS and Federal agencies, such as:
- Introduction to Government Contracting: A general overview of how the government buys goods and services.
- Small Business Certifications: Guidance on how to become certified and registered and the benefits for small business participating in the NYC M/WBE Certification, NYS M/WBE Certification, 8a, Small Disadvantaged Business (SDB), HUB Zone, Woman Owned, Service Disabled and Veteran Owned Business programs.
- Doing Business with General Services Administration (GSA): An introduction to GSA Schedules and requirements and process for GSA Schedule contracts.
- Navigating System for Award Management (SAM): How to manage GSA’s SAM, required for government contracting.
- Contract Accounting: Designed to acquaint businesses with the accounting system standards that are found acceptable by units of government.
- Response to RFPs/Proposal Writing: Learn the structure of an RFP, how to understand every section and its requirements, how to identify required sources, and how to plan, develop write, review and deliver a complete, compliant and compelling proposal.
- Teaming Arrangements and Subcontracting: Designed to teach and help small businesses develop successful teaming and subcontract relationships with large businesses, other small businesses and individuals.
We can help you with any other contracting-related matter not listed above.
Make an appointment with PTAC now
This procurement technical assistance center is funded in part through a cooperative agreement with the Defense Logistics Agency.