The NYC Department of Small Business Services (SBS) Procurement Technical Assistance Center (PTAC) offers one-on-one assistance and training
to help businesses in Manhattan, Brooklyn, and Staten Island that are interested in local, state, and federal government contracting.
We can help you with any government contracting-related matter including, but not limited to:
View additional PTAC resources here.
- Introduction to Government Contracting: A general overview of how the government buys goods and services.
- Certifications and Contracting Assistance Programs: Learn about the benefits for small businesses and how to apply for the following:
- Doing Business with General Services Administration (GSA): If you want to sell to the government, securing a contract with the GSA — the government agency that connects government buyers with contractors — is a great way to start. Securing a contract with the GSA is also called “getting onto the GSA Schedule,” which means you’ve been approved to do business with the government.
- Navigating the System for Award Management (SAM): Learn how to register and use SAM; an active registration is required to do business with the Federal government.
- Contract Accounting: Learn how to meet accounting system standards that are acceptable to government agencies.
- Searching for Opportunities: We can help you navigate the various sites that list local, state, and federal government contracting opportunities that are best for your business.
- Responding to RFPs/Proposal Writing: Learn how to understand every section of an RFP, identify required sources, and deliver a complete, compliant, and compelling proposal.
- Teaming Arrangements and Subcontracting: Learn how to develop successful teaming and subcontracting relationships with large businesses, other small businesses, and individuals. View our Subcontractors Resource Guide for additional resources.