The NYC Department of Small Business Services offers free Supervisory Development Training to prepare staff of industrial businesses to develop effective management skills, including communication, performance appraisal, and team building.
Through class assignments, role-playing activities, employer panels, and group projects, students develop strong leadership skills and strengthen their ability to succeed in a supervisory role within their company.
The program is a good fit for your company if:
Contact us for more information
- Your business operates within New York City
- You are looking to train staff that have the potential for leadership positions but lack supervisory experience
- You are willing to provide a minimum 5% wage increase to staff upon their successful completion of the training
- Staff can attend 11 weekly training sessions held during evening hours from 5:30 - 8:30 p.m.
- Staff is 18 years of age or older, currently earns a salary less then or equal to $70,451, and meets federal selective service requirements (if applicable)