Catering Establishment (Liquor) License



Liquor Authority State
Businesses that cater private events at their place of business need a Catering Establishment License to serve alcoholic beverages. This license is issued by the State Liquor Authority (SLA).

Businesses must be able to accommodate at least 50 people to qualify. The license is available seasonally.

For more information, contact:

New York State Liquor Authority (SLA)
Division of Alcoholic Beverage Control, Zone 1
163 W 125th Street
New York, NY 10027
Phone: (518) 474-3114

Learn which permits, licenses and regulations matter to you

Use the Step by Step tool to get an exhaustive list of requirements that matter to you.