Employ Child Performers, Certificate of Eligibility



Labor, Department of State
Businesses that employ child performers need a Certificate of Eligibility. The certificate comes from the New York State Department of Labor (NYSDOL).

First-time and temporary performers must apply for a 15-day permit. Afterwards, performers can get a certificate for one year.

The business must get this certificate if it pays a fee or controls the site where the child performs.

Certain requirements for the child's well-being must be met.

For more information, contact:

NYS Department of Labor
Division of Labor Standards
State Office Building Campus, Building 12
Albany, NY 12240
Phone: (888) 469-7365
Website: https://www.labor.ny.gov

Learn which permits, licenses and regulations matter to you

Use the Step by Step tool to get an exhaustive list of requirements that matter to you.