DO NOT SUBMIT THIS APPLICATION IF YOUR BUSINESS IS OR CONTAINS A PHARMACY.
NYC law prohibits pharmacies and businesses that contain pharmacies from obtaining licenses to sell tobacco products and electronic cigarettes in the city.
***Important: New Tobacco Laws and Licenses***
Under NYC’s new Tobacco Laws, the Cigarette Retail Dealer license will become the Tobacco Retail Dealer license on February 24, 2018 when a community district cap takes effect. Your Cigarette Retail Dealer license must be issued before February 24, 2018. Be mindful of the dates outlined below and submit COMPLETE APPLICATIONS only, or you risk not being able to obtain a license. A “complete application” includes all required documents and information.
January 12, 2018:
- DCA will not accept incomplete in-person applications.
- You will no longer be able to submit an application online.
- The cap on the number of Tobacco Retail Dealer licenses takes effect on February 24, 2018. You are advised to submit your complete application by January 12, 2018. DCA will review COMPLETE APPLICATIONS in the order received.
February 23, 2018:
- Expiration date for your Cigarette Retail Dealer license.
February 24, 2018:
- DCA will no longer accept applications for a Cigarette Retail Dealer license.
- Your Cigarette Retail Dealer license automatically becomes a Tobacco Retail Dealer license. Before this date, DCA will mail your Tobacco Retail Dealer license document, which you must post. The new license will show the appropriate full-term expiration date.
- If DCA has not issued a license by this date, you will not receive a Tobacco Retail Dealer license.
See the information sheet about the new laws and licenses.
42 Broadway, Lobby
New York, NY 10004
For further assistance, please call 311 and ask for: Cigarette Retail Dealer License