- The manufacture, handling and use of flammable and combustible liquids shall be under the personal supervision of a C-92 C of F holder.
- When the quantity of such stored liquids exceeds the following amounts, the storage of flammable and combustible liquids shall be under the general supervision of a C-92 C of F holder and the handling and use of flammable liquids and combustible liquids shall be under the personal supervision of a C-92 C of F holder:
- 275 gallons in a closed system;
- 275 gallons of alcohol-based hand rubs;
- 20 gallons of combustible liquid in portable containers;
- 2.5 gallons of gasoline;
- 10 gallons of flammable liquid In portable containers, except alcohol-based hand rubs and gasoline
Exception: The storage, handling and use of combustible liquids with a flash point over 300°F is not required to be supervised by a C of F holder.
Common flammable/combustible liquids include Nail polish remover, sanitizer, rubbing alcohol, oil based paint and paint related materials, varnish, waxes and polishes, etc. This Certificate of Fitness is registered to a specific address and is valid only for the specific person to whom it is issued.
For more information, please contact:
Public Certification Unit
9 MetroTech Center, 1st Floor
Brooklyn, NY 11201
Phone: (718) 999-1988
Open Monday to Friday, 8:00 am to 2:30 pm. Closed on public holidays.
For further assistance, please call 311 and ask for: Certificate of Fitness