There are two programs available for gas and electric customers: the Equipment Rebate Program and the Custom Program. Incentives for energy efficiency studies are also offered under this program. All projects must be pre-approved by Con Edison before work begins on an eligible improvement. Con Edison will only pay the approved incentive amount upon completion of an approved project.
The Equipment Rebate Program provides cash rebates for the installation of energy-efficient equipment. Con Edison calculates the amount provided for installing eligible items. Items eligible for rebates include:
- Lighting and lighting controls
- Heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC), furnace, boilers and other gas equipment
- Variable frequency drives (VFDs)
- Chiller and/or refrigeration system upgrades
- Compressed air system improvements
- Industrial process improvements
- HVAC systems not eligible for standard incentives
- Variable frequency drives (VFDs) not eligible for standard incentives
- Lighting upgrades
- Maximum of $67,000 for combined electric and gas study
- Maximum of $50,000 for electric or gas study.
Custom Programs provide custom incentives for cost-effective projects and measures, and energy efficient technologies not included in the Equipment Rebate Program.
Energy Efficiency Studies allow customers to have their energy use evaluated. ConEd can recommend steps that can be taken to increase gas and electric efficiency.
c/o Lockheed Martin
880 Third Avenue, 9th Floor
New York, NY 10022
Phone: (877) 797-6347
Fax: (646) 833-1046