Section 401.3.6.1 of the 2014 Fire Code provides that the emergency preparedness plan requirements of the 2008 Fire Code remain in effect until new rules are adopted to implement the emergency preparedness plan requirements of the 2014 Fire Code.
Section 404.2.2 of the 2008 Fire Code requires the Comprehensive Fire Safety and Emergency Action Plans for the following Group B occupancy office buildings or parts thereof:
- Greater than 6 stories in height; or
- Greater than 75 feet in height; or
- Occupied or designed to be occupied by more than 500 persons on one or more floors, including street level, or by more than 100 persons on one or more floors other than street level; or
- Equipped with a fire alarm system with voice communication of the type required in Class B or M occupancies, regardless of whether such system is required in such building or space; or
- Ordered by the department, based upon a determination that compliance is required in the interest of public safety given the location, use or occupancy of the building.
Exception: Office buildings that have lawfully installed an interior fire alarm system.
Section 404.3 of the 2008 Fire Code requires the owner of premises subject to provisions of Section 404.2.2 to prepare the plans in a form described in the 3 RCNY 404-02 and submit to the Department for review and acceptance.
PDF Intake forms and instructions for Comprehensive Fire Safety and Emergency Action Plans can be found on the Fire Department website. NOTICE: Previous forms will not work on FDNY Business. You must download the new version of the forms for PDF Intake.
The instructions for online filing of the Comprehensive Fire Safety and Evacuation Plans can be viewed on the Fire Department website.