The following beverages are covered by the law:
- carbonated soft drinks,
- beer and malt beverages,
- wine coolers, and
- Businesses that bottle beverages;
- Businesses that distribute bottled beverages;
- Businesses that sell bottled beverages; and
- Agents for these businesses.
- register as a deposit initiator;
- establish an account tracking the deposits;
- track the deposits; and
- remit unclaimed deposits to the DTF.
Retailers do not need to register if they buy their bottled beverages from a business that has registered.
For more information, contact:
Division of Materials Management, Bureau of Waste Reduction & Recycling
Albany, NY 12233-7253
Phone: (518) 402-8706
Miscellaneous Tax Returns Processing
W.A. Harriman Campus
Albany, NY 12227
Phone: (518) 485-2889