The engineering application/amendment covers different plan types, which are detailed in FC 105.4. Please note that if a request has been made from a city agency (Department of Buildings CCD1, formal request, or other) that request a determination from the Fire Department on matters that are not specifically addressed in the NYC Fire Code, a TM-1 application shall be submitted under the Engineering plan type, with Subcategory: Document review. These applications will receive a Letter of No Objection with conditions upon satisfactory review.
For additional information, review the Office of Technology Management Bulletin # 2021-01.
- All site drawings, floor drawings, building drawings, sprinkler drawings, engineering drawings, and any form of analysis submitted must be signed and sealed by a licensed professional.
- Narrative for the scope of work must be signed and dated on official letterhead.
- Clear and concise calculations, for a specific plan type, if necessary.
- Manufacturer specifications and manual for proposed technology.
- Test reports from a nationally recognized and accredited laboratory.
- Simulations must be done using nationally recognized Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) program
- Safety Data Sheet from the chemical manufacturer, distributor, or importer.
Stationary storage systems may also require:
- Narrative detailing the battery chemistry, size of the system being proposed, manufacturer of the battery and the cabinet housing the battery.
- 9540A Test result from a nationally recognized and accredited laboratory + analysis. If applicable based on 3RCNY 608-01.
Questions about the New York City Fire Code, call 311 and ask for the FDNY Customer Service Center or send an email to FDNY.BusinessSupport@fdny.nyc.gov.