- Exhibited animals must be under direct control and supervision of handlers at all times.
- There can be no direct public contact with these animals.
- Animals and animal waste must not create a public health nuisance.
- Each animal must be housed in a cage of adequate size for that species with proper ventilation, so as to cause no obvious discomfort to the animal.
- No animals are to be sold, bartered, or given away at the exhibit.
- All Federal and State regulations regarding the importation and transportation of animals must be adhered to. (See USDA's Animal Welfare link below.)
- Any changes in exhibition schedule will invalidate permission to exhibit. Failure to notify the Department of Health and Mental Hygiene of any changes in the exhibition schedule will invalidate permission to exhibit.
Office of Veterinary Public Health Services
125 Worth Street, Box 66
New York, NY 10013
Fax: (646) 632-6605
For further assistance, please call 311 and ask for: Exotic Animal Exhibition