Please note: The maximum number of General Vendor Licenses that the New York City Department of Consumer Affairs (DCA) issues to non-veterans is limited by law to 853. DCA’s waiting list for non-veteran applicants is currently closed. The waiting list will not re-open for further registration until DCA has run through the current list of non-veteran applicants. Only the following individuals may submit an application for a General Vendor License:
- an individual with a valid waiting list number issued by DCA
- an honorably discharged veteran residing in New York State
- the surviving spouse or domestic partner of an honorably discharged veteran residing in New York State
- selling newspapers, periodicals, books, pamphlets or other written material
- selling artwork including paintings, photographs, prints and sculptures
- selling food. Please note that food vending requires a license from the Department of Health and Mental Hygiene.
- selling items at a garage sale on private property
- selling merchandise from a booth or stand at an authorized Street Fair (e.g., street fair, block party, or festival). Please note that a Temporary Street Fair Vendor Permit is required to sell merchandise at an authorized Street Fair.
42 Broadway, Lobby
New York, NY 10004
For further assistance, please call 311 and ask for: General Vendor License