Warehouse (Food) License



Agriculture and Markets, Department of State
A Warehouse (Food) License is required to hold food and/or food products for commercial distribution. This license is issued by the New York State Department of Agriculture and Markets.

Businesses do not need this license if they are
  • already licensed by the NYS Department of Agriculture and Markets; or
  • subject to US Department of Agriculture (USDA) inspections.

For more information, contact:

NYS Department of Agriculture and Markets
Food Safety & Inspection Unit
10B Airline Drive
Albany, NY 12235
Phone: (518) 485-5326
Website: http://www.agriculture.ny.gov

Learn which permits, licenses and regulations matter to you

Use the Step by Step tool to get an exhaustive list of requirements that matter to you.