Waterfront Construction Work Permits



Small Business Services, Department of City
This waterfront construction work permit is required when building or renovating any structure on City-owned waterfront property. It is also required when building or renovating piers, bulkheads, seawalls or docks on privately-owned property.

Additional resources

NYC Department of Small Business Services (SBS)
Waterfront Permits Unit
110 William Street, 7th Floor
New York, NY 10038
For further assistance, please call 311 and ask for: SBS Waterfront Permits Unit
Website: http://www.nyc.gov/waterfrontpermits

Learn which permits, licenses and regulations matter to you

Use the Step by Step tool to get an exhaustive list of requirements that matter to you.