WTC Excused Absence Policy
City employees in the agencies listed below who were exposed to the World Trade Center disaster may take excused absences to schedule an initial appointment at the WTC Health Program if they meet federal eligibility requirements.
Employees are expected to provide documentation of their initial appointment in accordance with the timekeeping policies in their respective agencies.
Any absence in excess of four hours (including travel time) should be approved if documentation from the program where the appointment was scheduled supports the additional time.
The WTC Excused Absence Policy applies only to the initial visit to the WTC Health Program and is not retroactive.
Agencies Whose Employees Are Eligible for the WTC Excused Absence Policy
- Department of Buildings (DOB)
- Department of Citywide Administrative Services (DCAS)
- Department of Correction (DOC)
- Department of Design and Construction (DDC)
- Department of Environmental Protection (DEP)
- Department of Finance
- Department of Health and Mental Hygiene (DOHMH)
- Department of Information Technology and Telecommunications (DOITT)
- Department of Probation
- Department of Sanitation New York (DSNY)
- Department of Transportation (DOT)
- Fire Department of New York (FDNY)
- Health and Hospitals Corporation (HHC)
- Law Department
- New York Police Department (NYPD)
- Office of the Chief Medical Examiner (OCME)
- Office of Emergency Management (OEM)
- Office of Labor Relations (OLR)
- Office of Management and Budget (OMB)
- Parks Department