Do you have concerns about our services?
ACS is here to help and listen. You can make ACS better.
The Office of Advocacy provides information and responds to the concerns of parents, youth, foster parents, and others affected by the child welfare system, juvenile justice system, and other ACS services. We also answer questions from the general public. All contact with the Office of Advocacy is confidential unless there are safety issues, especially those safety issues concerning a child.
Contact the Office of Advocacy
The Office of Advocacy is unable to receive walk-ins until further notice. We are limiting in-person contact in the interests of slowing the spread of COVID-19.
As always, our staff remain available to you by phone and e-mail.
Send a message to the Office
Our team of advocates can help by
- Giving you information about your rights and responsibilities
- Assisting with a concern or communication issue between you and ACS, or another agency under contract with ACS, and
- Sharing your concerns with ACS leadership and other agencies to improve services
Common issues handled by the Office of Advocacy include
- Explaining child welfare and juvenile justice policies and procedures to parents, families, and youth
- Helping parents with children in foster care obtain services they need in order to be reunited
- Providing youth with information about their rights and responsibilities, and information about resources available to them
- Supporting visits between families and children in foster care
- Helping extended families (for example: an aunt, uncle, cousin, or grandparent) continue relationships with children in ACS’ care
- We also have specialists in adoption subsidy, immigration and language access issues, and parent advocacy on staff
Understand that the Office of Advocacy cannot
- Challenge or attempt to influence a Judge’s decision in your case
- Conduct our own investigation of an active Child Protective case
If the Office of Advocacy cannot help you directly, we will direct you to people who can help.