Mission & Organization
The Administration for Children's Services protects and promotes the safety and well-being of New York City's children, young people, families, and communities by providing excellent child welfare, juvenile justice, and early care and education services.
Protect and Strengthen Children, Young People, and Families
- Through all of the work of ACS, children, young people, and families are our first priority. Services are to be delivered with respect, cultural competence, accountability, and transparency.
Promote Social and Intellectual Development
- The promotion of education among all those that we serve is critical to the future success of our children and young people. From early care and education, to college and vocational attainment for our young people, education ensures that they have the skills and knowledge to succeed.
Support Our Workforce
- ACS is committed to support the agency's workforce, including of our provider partners, to meet the needs of serving the children, youth, and families of New York City through the promotion of a culture of respect, professionalism, and staff development.
Collaborate with Partners
- ACS cannot achieve its mission without the collaboration, mutual respect, and support of partners inside and outside of government, including provider agencies, government agencies, the Family Court community, advocates, funders, and the general public. ACS works collectively with them to ensure that we are delivering the best services to those we serve.
Encourage Openness and Transparency
- ACS actively seeks input from young people, parents, advocates, interested members of the community, and our partners to inform the policies, practices, and services of the agency. To the fullest extent possible, ACS is transparent about our work, while respecting children, young people, and families' privacy.
ACS Organizational Chart