Administration for Children's Services311Search all websites

Child Care Frequently Asked Questions

I have a child care voucher and my child has special needs.  What should I do?

Special Needs Applications are available for children who have been determined by a licensed professional (who fills out the medical forms) to have special needs and also currently receive ACS vouchers. Parents can request a special needs designation and a special needs rate for their child’s provider. Child care providers can receive a reimbursement rate once they provide child care services which are appropriate for the child and demonstrate increased costs as a result of the child care.

Please follow the instructions on the Special Needs Application (CFWB-001) to request the special needs designation. To request the special needs rate, providers should complete each section of the CFWB-001 and submit the current documentation of disability and/or expenses related to care. Download the Special Needs Instructions and Application form (CFWB-001)

I suspect child abuse or neglect. How do I make a report?

Learn how to report child abuse and neglect

I want to make a complaint about a child care program or provider. What should I do?

  • If the program is an EarlyLearn NYC program, the first step is to contact the program’s Board of Directors.
  • If you do not receive a satisfactory response from the Board of Directors, call 311 or submit a written complaint via 311 Online.

I want to report what I believe is fraud by a parent and/or early care and education provider. How do I do this?

If you suspect fraud by a child care provider (or by a person posing as a provider) or by a parent, Download the Referral of Suspected Child Care Subsidy Fraud Form or contact the ECE Call Center at (212) 835-7610

How can I get an ACS child care voucher?

Use ACCESS NYC to determine if you may be eligible for early care and education services. Vouchers are issued based on available funding.  Download the Voucher Wait List Request Form. Should funding be available, you will be contacted.

I am on the voucher waitlist. What should I do?

You may qualify for a Special Child Care Funding Voucher. A Special Child Care Funding Voucher can be used to pay for child care services provided in New York City by a provider who is licensed and/or approved by WHEDCo. Learn more about Special Child Care Funding (SCCF), eligibility, how to apply and more.

I have questions about Special Child Care Funding.

Download the Special Child Care Funding Frequently Asked Questions document.

Programs & Initiatives