Administration for Children's Services311Search all websites

Find Child Care

Early Care and Education images of children playing

NYC Child Care Connect - Find Child Care

Click here for COVID-19 Information for Parents and Providers

Who Is Eligible For Child Care Assistance Based On Income?

Families must be income eligible (up to 200% State Income Standard) and meet one of the following reasons for care:

  • Working a minimum of 20 hours per week at minimum wage or above
  • Participating in an approved educational/vocational training
  • Looking for work
  • Homeless
  • Attending services in response to domestic violence
  • Attending a 4-year college and working 17 1/2 hours per week

Determine Your Eligibility

How To Apply For Child Care Assistance Based On Income?

Department of Education

Visit EarlyLearn NYC page on the DOE website to understand your options, find a program that is right for your family, and enroll your child.

Administration for Children’s Services

At this time there is a waitlist for vouchers. Families can be added to the voucher waitlist by completing the Voucher Waitlist Form.

ACS Resource Areas

ACS Resource Areas (RAs) support low-income families seeking child care assistance. There are three borough-based offices that families can visit in-person for support with your child care application or enrollment - the John Street RA (for families in Manhattan, Brooklyn, and Staten Island); the Queens RA, and the Bronx RA.

ACS Resource Areas are currently closed to the public due to COVID-19. Please check back here for updates regarding reopening. While our offices are closed, please use the email links below to contact us for any ACS Voucher Child Care issues:

Human Resources Administration

If you are receiving Cash Assistance from the Human Resources Administration (HRA) and employed or participating in a work activity and would like HRA to help pay for child care, you may visit your local HRA Job Center. View more information on HRA child care. Parents and guardians receiving a Cash Assistance benefit who are employed or engage in work-related activities (required or voluntary), including those in school, may be eligible for child care. If eligible for child care, parents and guardians have the right to appropriate, affordable, accessible, and suitable child care. HRA will never require you to use a specific provider but can help you find one that is best for you if you need one.

Programs & Initiatives